Blackburn Osteopathy’s Brad Robinson managed
to survive his second season of track athletics since
his mid 20’s un-injured, ticking off a few of his personal
goals in the process. Not bad for an over 40 year old!
Here are a few of his highlights for season 2018-19:
- breaking the Diamond Valley Athletic Club 40-44 age group record in the 100m with a time of 11.69 seconds
- improving his own 400m club record to 51.73 seconds
- improving his 800m time to 2 min 02.81 seconds
- breaking the club record in the 400m hurdles
- winning a silver medal in the Australian Masters 40-44 400m – getting beaten by a demoralising 0.1 seconds L
- winning a gold medal with the Victorian 4x400m relay team at the Australian Masters J
- being a member of the Diamond Valley Athletic club 40+ state title winning team
- defeating his considerably younger Blackburn Osteopathy colleague Ben over 200m (we won’t comment on the level of Ben’s fitness at the time!)
Congratulations Brad! Will it be another summer of sprinting next year? Or will he take on a different challenge – the Eureka tower run again, or a change from speed to endurance – we don’t think he’s done a marathon yet….
Stay tuned for a later blog entry on how to stay injury free as an over 40 year old!