- Coconuts may help reduce belly fat. Fat in the abdominal cavity and around organs seems to reduce with eating cocounts. This is the most dangerous fat of all and is highly associated with many chronic Western diseases.
- Coconut oil contains natural saturated fats that increase the good HDL cholesterol in your body. They may also help turn the bad LDL cholesterol into a less harmful form. By increasing HDL, many experts believe that coconut oil could be good for heart health compared to some other fats.
- Reduces your appetite. One interesting feature of the fatty acids in coconut oil is that they can reduce your hunger.
- May protect skin, hair and dental health. Many people are using it for cosmetic purposes and to improve the health and appearance of their skin and hair. Studies on individuals with dry skin show that coconut oil can improve the moisture content of the skin. It can also reduce symptoms of eczema.
- Populations that eat a lot of coconut can live a long time! like the Tokelauans, who live in the South Pacific!